Your presence is *everything* they need
To the parent who is tired, physically and mentally. To the parent who didn’t wrap any gifts this year. To the parent who feels like they should be doing more:
𝘛𝘩𝘪𝘴 𝘪𝘴 𝘺𝘰𝘶𝘳 𝘳𝘦𝘮𝘪𝘯𝘥𝘦𝘳 𝘵𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘩𝘢𝘷𝘦 𝘢𝘭𝘸𝘢𝘺𝘴 𝘣𝘦𝘦𝘯 𝘦𝘯𝘰𝘶𝘨𝘩 𝘧𝘰𝘳 𝘺𝘰𝘶𝘳 𝘤𝘩𝘪𝘭𝘥. 𝙄𝙣 𝙛𝙖𝙘𝙩, 𝙮𝙤𝙪 𝙖𝙧𝙚 𝙣𝙤𝙩 𝙤𝙣𝙡𝙮 𝙚𝙣𝙤𝙪𝙜𝙝, 𝙮𝙤𝙪 𝙖𝙧𝙚 𝙚𝙭𝙖𝙘𝙩𝙡𝙮 𝙬𝙝𝙖𝙩 𝙩𝙝𝙚𝙮 𝙣𝙚𝙚𝙙. 𝘑𝘶𝘴𝘵 𝘺𝘰𝘶 ✨
And if you’re like me and haven’t had a chance to put in the ‘special touches’ you usually would for the holidays here are a few ideas that don’t require any bells or whistles and I promise your children will cherish the memories for a lifetime:
- Get down on the ground with your kids and build something together. Whether you use beautiful blocks or containers from the recycle bin, create a special world with each other and let them lead the way with their wonderful imaginations.
- Make tea or hot chocolate and read a book together while sipping. Use funny voices and over the top exaggeration as you read and watch their faces light up at mommy/daddy being silly.
- Have a family pajama day (and they don’t even need to match!) and make breakfast foods for all your meals. Or maybe even let them decide all your meals!
- Have a dance party. Put on some music and jam out with the whole crew. Our girls usually ask us to pick them up and dance with them - and even though it hurts my back I love the giggles that ensue!
- Go on a safari around the house. Give your little one a “piggy backer” as my kids call it and walk around the house in search of exotic animals. Point out pretend creatures high and low with ide-eyed wonder and see how quickly the kids catch on and join in!
Tell me, which one is your favorite? What fun things does your family do that feel completely simple but are actually fantastically special?
PS. Even if you do none of these, I promise: you are ALREADY exactly what your child needs and you’re doing an amazing job! Give yourself the credit you deserve today.